Click 'Accept all cookies' to agree to all cookies that collect anonymous data.
To only allow the cookies that make the site work, click 'Use essential cookies only.' Visit 'Set cookie preferences' to control specific cookies.
1. This SPPN provides details of how a contracting authority should notify Scottish Ministers of the publication of its procurement strategy.
2. All contracting authorities with an annual regulated procurement spend above or equal to £5 million must produce an organisational procurement strategy under section 15 of the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014.
3. Contracting authorities are required to prepare and publish their first procurement strategies by 31 December 2016. The first procurement strategy must cover the remainder of the contracting authority's 2016/17 financial year and its full 2017/18 financial year.
4. Procurement strategies must be published and must be made publically available online. On publishing the strategy, a contracting authority must then notify Scottish Ministers by sending an email to ProcurementStrategies@gov.scot with its strategy either attached or with a link to where the strategy can be accessed from.
5. For guidance on the content of the procurement strategy, please consult the relevant chapter of the Statutory Guidance which can be accessed here. A strategy template is available from the Procurement Journey here.
6. Please bring this SPPN to the attention of all relevant staff, including those in Agencies, Non-Departmental Public Bodies and other sponsored public bodies within your area of responsibility.