- 1 May 2018
Procurement People of Tomorrow (PPoT) programme aims to address the skills gap in procurement and highlights the challenges in attracting, recruiting and retaining talent.
PPoT is recognised by the European Commission on the professionalisation of public procurement in Europe.
Organisations can make a commitment towards new entrants in procurement by signing the Procurement People of Tomorrow charter.
- Watch a video showing Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Economy and Fair Work talking about the PPoT.
- Looking for a career? Some of our young people made a video to help you consider a Modern Apprenticeship in procurement.
- Sarah Pagan joined our organisation through the Modern Apprenticeship programme. Watch her video and find out what it's like to be part of the Scottish Procurement family.
We have published case studies telling the stories of new entrants to procurement in the public sector and a pack for schools, informing secondary pupils of the professions and the opportunities they bring .
The range of vocational and academic pathways in Scotland includes:
- Modern Apprenticeships
- Business Management Graduate Apprenticeships
- HND supply chain management
- BA (Hons) international supply chain management
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply professional qualifications