- 12 Mar 2021
1. To remind staff involved in procurement activity of the need to consider their organisation's guidance on conduct of business during the formal Scottish Parliament election period, which runs from 25 March 2021 until 6 May 2021.
2. Procurement staff are reminded that procurement announcements or decisions might be affected by the restrictions that will be in place during the election period.
3. A formal election period will be observed in the six weeks prior to the Scottish Parliament election on 6 May 2021. This will commence on 25 March 2021.
4. The Scottish Government published guidance on 15 February 2021 on the handling of business up to and during the election period. This guidance, which can be found at www.gov.scot/election2021, applies to the Scottish Government, its agencies and national devolved public bodies.
5. Procurement announcements and decisions can come under guidelines applicable during the election period, and Procurement staff are strongly advised to familiarise themselves with their own organisation's guidance on the conduct of business during the Scottish Parliament election period and to exercise caution when handling announcements and/or significant decisions during this time.
6. In cases of uncertainty or doubt, purchasers are advised to seek advice from within their own organisation.
7. Please bring this SPPN to the attention of all relevant staff, including those in Scottish Government agencies, national devolved public bodies and other sponsored public bodies within your area of responsibility.
8. Enquiries about this SPPN should be addressed to Scottish Procurement and Commercial Directorate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- File type
- 2 page PDF
- 65.0 kB
Scottish Procurement and Property Directorate
The Scottish Government
5 Atlantic Quay