Private residential tenancy: information for tenants

Guidance for private sector tenants on the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016.

Sources of advice and support

If you are unsure of your rights and responsibilities as a tenant you should get advice as quickly as possible. You may be able to get this from an organisation which gives advice on housing matters such as your local council, Shelter Scotland, your local Citizens Advice Bureau, or from a solicitor (you may get legal aid depending on your income).


Related information

Back to top