1. While the benchmarks and standards may not be relevant to some small care homes, the fire safety legislation applies to all premises used for the provision of a care home service, regardless of size.
2. UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) is the national accreditation body for the UK.
3. An 'electrical installation' is the electrical system from the care home's supply meter point to the socket outlets etc.
4. tested to BS 476: Part 22.
5. tested to BS EN 1634: Part 1.
6. The mutual terms 'swing-free' and 'free-swing' are both in common use.
Email: Fire and Rescue Division
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback