1. SSI 2017 No. 139.
2. European Court of Justice cases C-201/02 and C-508/03 refer.
3. The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Scotland) Regulations 2013. SSI 2013/155.
4. See for example the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment's 2011 Special Report: The State of Environmental Impact Assessment ( EIA) Practice in the UK. The 2008 Killian Pretty Review - England published by the UK Government's Department for Communities and Local Government is also relevant in this respect.
5. The Conservation (Natural Habitats, &c.) Regulations 1994, as amended.
6. Note that the Appropriate Assessment uses different tests from those used in EIA. Developers will wish to consider supplying the information to support the Appropriate Assessment in an annex, clearly setting out the potential effects of the project on the European site's integrity and conservation objectives.