- 18 Oct 2019
Only vets holding the relevant Official Controls Qualification (Veterinary), who are full members of the RCVS and are working in GB can be authorised as Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) Official Veterinarians (OVs)
In recognition of the important work undertaken by large animal veterinarians who deliver Official Veterinarian work in Scotland, the Scottish Government is currently funding:
- Registration and training for new OVs for ES, SS and TT; and
- Ongoing revalidation courses for SS and TT
The support relates to the following OCQ(V)s:
- OCQ(V) - ES (Essential Skills)
- OCQ(V) - SS (Statutory Surveillance)
- OCQ(V) - TT (Tuberculin Testing)
- OCQ(V) - SS (Statutory Surveillance) revalidation
- OCQ(V) - TT (Tuberculin Testing) revalidation
- Remote invigilation (for solo practitioners working in remote areas).
Funding is limited and must be claimed and qualification completed before 31st March 2021. OVs are therefore encouraged to take up this opportunity at their earliest convenience before available codes are exhausted.
Further information on the registration process, training and fees are available from Improve International.
In order to apply for funding codes, Practice Managers are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and SP numbers of all Official Veterinarians (or MRCVS number of new OVs) in their practice who meet the criteria and what funding is required. Please ensure that the practice name is included in any correspondence. All names will be checked for eligibility. Once eligibility for funding has been confirmed, the Scottish Government will then be able to make arrangements for Improve International codes to be issued.
Please note that if the revalidation is not completed by the deadline, the qualification will expire, along with any OV authorisation for which it is a prerequisite