Stage 5 - Authorisation of EQIA
This Equality Impact Assessment has informed the development of the Non-Binary Equality Action Plan.
Opportunities to promote equality in respect of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation have been considered, including:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation;
- Removing or minimising any barriers and/or disadvantages;
- Taking steps which assist with promoting equality and meeting people’s different needs;
- Encouraging participation (e.g. in public life)
- Fostering good relations, tackling prejudice and promoting understanding.
I am satisfied with the equality impact assessment that has been undertaken for the review of the Non-Binary Equality Action Plan and give my authorisation for the results of this assessment to be published on the Scottish Government’s website.
Name: Catherine McMeeken
Position: Deputy Director, Equalities
Authorisation date: 8/11/2023
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback