1. Based on ISD workforce statistics for NHS Scotland as at 31 December 2016
3. NHS Tayside signed a new energy contract which became operational in December 2016. Approximately £1.0m annual savings are anticipated for 2017/18.
4. Ministerial Taskforce (2000); Audit Scotland - Review of National Health Service bodies in Tayside (2001)
5. Ministerial Taskforce (2000); Audit Scotland - Review of National Health Service bodies in Tayside (2001)
6. Workforce and Care Assurance; Realistic Medicine; Better Buying and Procurement; Repatriating Services, Facilities and Estates/Site Services; Service Redesign and Productive Opportunities
7. Using the data submitted within the Property and Asset Management Strategy
8. Health and Social Care Delivery Plan, http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0051/00511950.pdf
9. Audit Scotland, The 2015/16 Audit of NHS Tayside - Financial Sustainability, October 2016
10. National Records of Scotland Demographic Factsheets for Angus, Dundee City and Perth and Kinross Council areas
11. National Records of Scotland - projections take account of planned changes in legal definitions of pensionable age over time
12. Ernst and Young report for AAG, June 2017
13. Prepared for the Public Audit Committee by the Auditor General for Scotland under section 22 of the Public Finance and Accountability (Scotland) Act 2000.
14. Tayside Taskforce, Interim report to the Minister of Health and Community Care, 15 June 2000
15. After £11.65m of brokerage
16. Page 6, Audit Scotland, The 2015/16 Audit of NHS Tayside - Financial Sustainability, October 2016
17. Page 9, Audit Scotland, The 2015/16 Audit of NHS Tayside - Financial Sustainability, October 2016
18. Page 16, NHS Tayside Annual Report and Accounts 2014-2015, http://www.nhstaysidecdn.scot.nhs.uk/NHSTaysideWeb/idcplg?IdcService=GET_SECURE_FILE&dDocName=PROD_237747&Rendition=web&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&noSaveAs=1
19. Included within other variances are underspends in relation to non-clinical staff costs
20. General Ledger data
21. The ISD figures do not include bank or agency nursing and midwifery staff. If included, the NHS Tayside share of the Scotland's nurse staffing would be 8.73%.
22. The NHS Scotland numbers do not include support services staff provided through Private Finance Initiative projects
23. Angus HSCP, Dundee HSCP Finance, Perth and Kinross Budget Settlement Reports, March, April 2017
24. This is on the assumption that the brokerage for 2017/18 will not exceed the £4m as requested within the draft Local Delivery Plan
25. NHS Tayside has required to seek additional brokerage in each of the last three financial years to address cost pressures that have arisen during the year and for which NHS Tayside Board have been unable to manage within its available resources.
26. Workforce and Care Assurance, Realistic Medicine, Better Buying and Procurement, Repatriating Services, Facilities and Estates/Site Services and Service Redesign and Productive Opportunities
27. At the date of publication of this report, the Annual Report from the Chief Internal Auditor for 2016/17 and the 2016/17 Report to those charged with governance from Audit Scotland (external auditor) had not been presented to the Board.
28. During 2014/15 and 2015/16, PricewaterhouseCoopers were the appointed external auditors.
29. Based on the Information Services Division workforce statistics for NHS Scotland as at 31 December 2016
30. Ernst and Young report for AAG, June 2017
31. Using the data submitted within the Property and Asset Management Strategy
32. Health and Social Care Delivery Plan, http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0051/00511950.pdf