Climate change - Net Zero Nation - draft public engagement strategy: consultation analysis
Analysis of the responses to the public consultation on the climate change - Net Zero Nation: draft public engagement strategy, which sets out our framework for engaging the people of Scotland in the transition to a net zero nation which is prepared for the effects of our changing climate.
4. While there are 13 headline questions, questions one and two contain three parts. In addition, there are two monitoring and evaluation questions about the consultation itself.
5. Two academics responded as Individuals.
6. One organisation's response was not classified.
11. Improving the way people are able to participate in policymaking is one of the core commitments of the Scottish Government's Open Government Action Plan. The CCPu reflects the commitment to Open Government, containing numerous commitments to consult with the people who will be affected by changes in policy. Work towards meeting this commitment includes the development of a 'Participation Framework'.
12. It was noted that the term 'young people' could be seen as exclusionary to children and so the term 'children and young people' should be used.
13. In their submission, YouthLink Scotland provided a detailed overview of the role of the youth work sector in encouraging action among young people and involving them in decision making.
14. This 2016 article (Forming New Futures Through Appreciative Enquiry) gives some background and application in Scotland: https://www.iriss.org.uk/resources/insights/forming-new-futures-through-appreciative-inquiry
15. This Handbook from the North East Social Enterprise Partnership in Northumberland gives background and further ideas: https://www.northumberlandcva.org.uk/files/NESEP_Participatory_Appraisal_Handbook_2014.pdf
18. Progress against these indicators was included in Annex B of the draft Public Engagement Strategy, however these indicators formed part of the previous Public Engagement Strategy, published in 2013: https://www.gov.scot/publications/low-carbon-scotland-behaviours-framework/
19. Responses are published on the Scottish Government's consultation website: https://consult.gov.scot/
21. West of Scotland Development Education Centre
22. Chartered Institute for Waste Management
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback