What is the National Taskforce for Human Rights Leadership?
The Taskforce is a group of human rights experts.
The Taskforce was led by:
- Shirley-Anne Somerville – who is a Scottish Government Minister and a Member of the Scottish Parliament
- Professor Alan Miller – from Strathclyde University
The Taskforce met lots of different groups including:
- experts in human rights and the law
- charities and voluntary groups
- local authorities, care providers, courts and prisons
- organisations which check that human rights are being followed
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback