- How much money has the Scottish government received through the sale of alcohol in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022? Breakdown of this money.
- How much money has the Scottish Government made from alcohol companies for advertising in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022? Breakdown of this money.
- How much money has the Scottish Government given to alcohol companies in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022? Breakdown of this and what the money was for?
I have addressed the information you requested in the format you asked for.
- Alcohol duty is reserved to the UK Government, with any revenues generated from alcohol sales collected by HMRC. The Scottish Government receives no direct revenue from alcohol duty and any revenues returned to Scotland are contained in the block grant Scotland receives annually.
- No money has been made by the Scottish Government from alcohol companies for advertising in the years in question.
- Scottish Government has provided grants under the Food Processing Marketing and Co-operation Scheme, including to alcohol companies. The details are publicly available and can be found here: Food Processing, Marketing and Cooperation (ruralpayments.org)
Additionally, I have attached a summary of Scottish business covid support funding published here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-summary-of-scottish-business-support-funding/
There are two funds that mention “brewers”:
- In 2021/22, £1m was made available through the Scottish Brewers Support Fund).
An earlier round of covid support was available to brewers in 2020/21 as part of the Contingency Fund. This fund supported more than just brewers (full name was “Contingency Fund – Travel Agents, Brewers and Indoor Football Centres”) so the amount shown in the published table (£5.4m) is to all recipients of the fund, not just brewers. Further info on this fund is attached: https://www.webarchive.org.uk/wayback/archive/20210127102335/https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronaviruscovid- 19-funding-for-brewers-travel-agents-and-indoor-football-centres/
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback