- 31 Jan 2019
Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- the Minister for the Constitution, Chloe Smith MP;
- the Parliamentary Under Secretaries of State at the Department for Exiting the EU, Robin Walker MP and Kwasi Kwarteng MP;
- the Minister of State for Policing and the Fire Service, the Rt Hon Nick Hurd MP; and
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Ministry of Justice, Lucy Frazer QC MP.
From the Scottish Government:
- the Minister for Parliamentary Business and Veterans, Graeme Dey MSP; and
- the Minister for Community Safety, Ash Denham MSP.
From the Welsh Government:
- Counsel General and Brexit Minister, Jeremy Miles AM.
In the absence of Ministers from the Northern Ireland Executive, a senior official from the Northern Ireland Civil Service, was also in attendance.
Items and actions
The principal agenda items at the meeting were:
- an update and discussion on the UK’s exit from the EU
- a discussion on the Future Security Partnership including internal security covering law enforcement and criminal justice
- civil judicial cooperation in the context of our future relationship with the EU
Ministers also noted ongoing work to review the Ministerial Forum.
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- 38.4 kB
EU Strategy and Negotiation Unit
Telephone: 0300 244 4000