- 3 Dec 2018
The sixth meeting of the Ministerial Forum (EU Negotiations) was held today in 70 Whitehall, London and was chaired by the Minister for the Constitution, Chloe Smith MP, and the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Exiting the EU, Robin Walker MP.
Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- the Minister for the Constitution, Chloe Smith MP;
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Exiting the EU, Robin Walker MP;
- the Minister of State for Transport, Jesse Norman MP;
- the Economic Secretary to the Treasury, John Glen MP; and
- the Minister of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Claire Perry MP
From the Scottish Government:
- the Minister for Parliamentary Business and Veterans, Graeme Dey MSP; and
- the Minister for Energy, Connectivity and the Islands, Paul Wheelhouse MSP
From the Welsh Government:
- the Minister for Housing and Regeneration, Rebecca Evans AM;
- the Cabinet Secretary for Economy and Transport, Ken Skates AM; and
- the Cabinet Secretary for Energy, Planning and Rural Affairs, Lesley Griffiths AM
Senior officials from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting in the continued abscence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and actions
The five principal agenda items at the meeting were an update and discussion of the latest state of EU negotiations; a discussion on transport; financial services; services; and energy, in the context of our future relationship with the EU.
EU Strategy and Negotiation Unit
0300 244 4000