1. See the report: Marine Scotland 2010. Report on Social and Economic Objectives for a Scottish Marine Plan. Available: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2010/03/30180908/7
2. Article 1(3) MSFD: "Marine strategies shall apply an ecosystem-based approach to the management of human activities, ensuring that the collective pressure of such activities is kept within levels compatible with the achievement of good environmental status and that the capacity of marine ecosystems to respond to human-induced changes is not compromised, while enabling the sustainable use of marine goods and services by present and future generations".
3. DEFRA 2010. MSFD GES Workshop. Available: www.defra.gov.uk/environment/marine/documents/.../201010-msfd-report.pdf . NB.This document is not finalised and is yet to go out to consultation. The findings are the views of the workshop attendees and not Defra
4. Cited in: Our seas - a shared resource. High level marine objectives. UK Government and Devolved Administrations. 2009; and in Sustainable Seas for All - a consultation on Scotland's first marine bill
5. Available from: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2009/03/05145056/0
6. NB This work is in draft form and are the opinions of the Defra Workshop attendees
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback