Vision, Outcomes and Priorities
Justice Delivery Plan 2017-2018
A range of strategies, programmes and legislation underpin the Justice Vision.
The Justice Board individually and collectively will be working to deliver a number of key actions in 2017-18 under our 7 priorities.
A Just, Safe & Resilient Scotland
- We live in safe, cohesive and resilient communities.
- Prevention and early intervention improve wellbeing and life chances.
- Our system and interventions are proportionate, fair and effective.
- We deliver person-centred, modern and affordable public services.
- We will enable our communities to be safe and supportive, where individuals exercise their rights and responsibilities.
- We will enable our people, economy and infrastructure to respond to major risk, recover from emergencies and adapt to emerging threats.
- We will modernise civil and criminal law and the justice system to meet the needs of people in Scotland in the 21st Century.
- We will work with others to improve health and wellbeing in justice settings, focusing on mental health and substance use.
- We will work to quickly identify offenders and ensure responses are proportionate, just, effective and promote rehabilitation.
- We will improve the experience of victims and witnesses, minimising court attendance and supporting them to give best evidence.
- We will use prison only where necessary to address offending or to protect public safety, focusing on recovery and reintegration.