- 10 Oct 2019
The twentieth Joint Ministerial Committee (EU Negotiations) met today in St Andrews House in Edinburgh. The meeting was chaired by Michael Russell, Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations.
Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
- Rt Hon Michael Gove MP
- the Minister of State for Exiting the European Union, Lord Callanan
- The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Northern Ireland Office, Robin Walker MP
- The Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon Alister Jack MP
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Wales, Kevin Foster MP, dialled in.
From the Scottish Government:
- The Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations, Michael Russell MSP
From the Welsh Government:
- The Counsel General and Brexit Minister, Jeremy Miles AM
A senior official from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting due to the continued absence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and actions
The Committee discussed the UK’s exit from the EU, including developments on exit readiness and negotiations and the role of the devolved administrations in EU exit negotiations. The Committee also discussed domestic issues, including the joint work on common frameworks.
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- 33.4 kB
EU Strategy and Negotiations
Telephone: 0300 244 4000