- 9 May 2019
The seventeenth Joint Ministerial Committee (EU Negotiations) met today at 70 Whitehall in London. The meeting was chaired by the Rt Hon David Lidington MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office.
Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, Rt Hon David Lidington MP
- The Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP
- The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Wales, Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth
- The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Exiting the European Union, Robin Walker MP
From the Scottish Government:
- The Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations, Michael Russell MSP
From the Welsh Government:
- The Counsel General and Brexit Minister, Jeremy Miles AM.
A senior official from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting due to the continued absence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and actions
The Chair and the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Exiting the European Union provided an update on the UK’s exit from the EU, including a discussion on recent developments and the Committee discussed the role of the devolved administrations in the next phase.
The Committee also discussed domestic issues, including an update on common frameworks following publication of the revised Common Frameworks Analysis on 4 April.
EU Strategy and Negotiations
Telephone: 0300 244 4000