The sixteenth Joint Ministerial Committee (EU Negotiations) met today at 70 Whitehall in London. The meeting was chaired by the Rt Hon David Lidington MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office.
Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, Rt Hon David Lidington MP
- The Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, Rt Hon Stephen Barclay MP
- The Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP
- The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Wales, Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth
From the Scottish Government:
- The Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations, Michael Russell MSP
From the Welsh Government:
- The Counsel General and Brexit Minister, Jeremy Miles AM
A senior official from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting due to the continued absence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and actions
The Chair opened the meeting by providing an update on the UK’s exit from the EU. The Committee discussed recent developments.
The Committee also discussed domestic issues, including updates on operational readiness, the EU (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill and common frameworks. They also noted the publication of the second EU Withdrawal Act and Common Frameworks report.
Joint Ministerial Committee: Communique: February 2019
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 34.2 kB
EU Strategy and Negotiation Unit
Telephone: 0300 244 4000
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback