- 9 Jan 2020
The twenty-first Joint Ministerial Committee (EU Negotiations) met today at 70 Whitehall in London. The meeting was chaired by the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.
Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
- Rt Hon Michael Gove MP
- the Minister of State at the Department for Exiting the European Union
- Lord Callanan
- the Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon Alister Jack MP
- the Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Simon Hart MP
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Robin Walker MP
- the Minister for the Constitution, Chloe Smith MP
From the Scottish Government:
- The Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations, Michael Russell MSP
From the Welsh Government:
- The Counsel General and Brexit Minister, Jeremy Miles AM
A senior official from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting due to the continued absence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and actions
The Committee discussed the UK’s exit from the EU, including preparations for the UK-EU future relationship negotiations and a forward look to post-January engagement structures.
EU Strategy and Negotiations
Telephone: 0300 244 4000