- 28 Jan 2020
The twenty second Joint Ministerial Committee (EU Negotiations) met today in Cathays Park Cardiff. The meeting was chaired by First Minister of Wales, Rt Hon. Mark Drakeford AM.
Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Rt Hon. Michael Gove MP
- the Minister of State at the Department for Exiting the European Union
- Lord Callanan, the Secretary of State for Scotland
- Rt Hon. Alister Jack MP, the Secretary of State for Wales,
- Rt Hon. Simon Hart MP, The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
- Rt Hon. Julian Smith MP
- and Minister for the Constitution, Chloe Smith MP
From the Northern Ireland Executive:
- First Minister Rt Hon. Arlene Foster MLA
- and deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill MLA
From the Scottish Government:
- The Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations, Michael Russell MSP
From the Welsh Government:
- First Minister of Wales, Rt Hon. Mark Drakeford AM
- and the Counsel General and Brexit Minister, Jeremy Miles AM.
Items and actions
The Committee discussed the UK’s exit from the EU, including the role of the devolved administrations in EU exit negotiations and the strategic choices relating to leaving the European Union. The Committee also discussed other issues, including an update on the intergovernmental relations review.
EU Strategy and Negotiations
Telephone: 0300 244 4000