- 13 Sep 2018
Attendees and Apologies
From the UK Government:
- the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, Rt Hon David Lidington MP
- the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, Rt Hon Dominic Raab MP
- the Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP
- the Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, Suella Braverman MP
From the Welsh Government:
- the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Mark Drakeford AM
From the Scottish Government:
- the Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations, Michael Russell MSP
Dr Andrew McCormick, Director General International Relations from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting in the continued absence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and Actions
The Chair opened the meeting by summarising the recent developments in EU negotiations and the Ministerial level engagement that had taken place since the Committee had last met, including the third meeting of the Ministerial Forum on EU Negotiations.
The Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union provided an update on negotiations and the Committee discussed recent developments.
The Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union also provided an update on operational readiness. The Committee agreed to a further discussion in October.
The Committee discussed the UK Government’s proposals for the Withdrawal Agreement Bill and continued engagement on common frameworks.
Telephone: 0300 244 4000