- 16 Oct 2017
Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- The First Secretary of State and Minister for the Cabinet Office, Rt Hon Damian Green MP;
- The Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, Rt Hon David Davis MP;
- The Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP;
- The Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP; and,
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth.
From the Welsh Government:
- Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government, Mark Drakeford AM.
From the Scottish Government:
The Minister for UK Negotiations on Scotland’s Place in Europe, Michael Russell MSP.
In the absence of Ministers from the Northern Ireland Executive, a senior civil servant from the Northern Ireland Civil Service was in attendance.*
Items and actions
The Chair opened the meeting by summarising the bilateral engagement and political developments that had taken place since JMC(EN) last met. The Secretary of State for Exiting the EU provided an update on the previous rounds of negotiations with the EU and the Committee discussed forthcoming priorities and the future relationship with the EU. The Committee discussed the establishment of common frameworks.
Ministers noted the positive progress being made on consideration of common frameworks and agreed the principles that will underpin that work (attached).