Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, Rt Hon David Lidington MP
- the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP
- the Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP;
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, Robin Walker MP
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, Suella Braverman MP
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Wales, Lord Bourne
From the Welsh Government:
- the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Mark Drakeford AM
From the Scottish Government:
- the Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations, Michael Russell MSP
Dr Andrew McCormick, Director General International Relations from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting in the continued absence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and actions
The Chair opened the meeting by summarising the recent developments in EU negotiations and the Ministerial level engagement that had taken place since the Committee had last met, including June European Council and the second meeting of the Ministerial Forum on EU Negotiations.
The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, Robin Walker MP, provided an update on negotiations and full overview of June European Council.
The Chair and the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU also provided an update on the Department for Exiting the EU’s Future Framework white paper.
The Committee discussed the UK Government’s proposals for the Withdrawal Agreement and Implementation Bill. The Chair provided an update on the ongoing work on common frameworks.
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 43.2 kB
Telephone: 0300 244 4000
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback