1. On the 8th November 2023, the ‘Middle East Eye’ interviewed Nadia el-Nakla, the wife of the First Minister Humza Yousaf, as part of their ‘Real Talk Interview’ series. The location for this interview (30 minutes long and available online) was Bute House. Please provide information on whether Scottish government civil servants or Bute House staff were involved with the arranging and organisation of this interview.
2. Please provide information on whether any individuals employed by the SNP were involved with this interview which was held at the official residence of the First Minister.
3. Please provide information on whether there are any restrictions or guidelines associated with events, meetings, interviews which can be held in Bute House by those holding the position of First Minister. Please also provide guidance information on how these relate to family members holding events, meetings or interviews in Bute House.
1. Neither Scottish Government civil servants nor Bute House staff were involved in arranging or organising the interview you refer to.
2. No individuals employed by the SNP were involved in this interview.
3. Guidance is set out in section 7.2 of the Scottish Ministerial Code which states that:
"7.2 Government property should not generally be used for constituency work or party activities. A particular exception is recognised where a building has been designated as the First Minister's official residence. Where Ministers host party or personal events in the First Minister's official residence, it should be at their own or at party expense, with no cost falling on the public purse."
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback