Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 12 November 2017 to 11 November 2021
Category: professional services - central government
Contractors will provide comprehensive face-to-face and telephone spoken language interpreting services, and document translation and transcription services to fulfil the current and evolving needs of framework public bodies.
What is in scope
The scope of the framework for interpreting and translation services is as follows:
Interpreting (face-to-face and telephone) – from English into a wide range of spoken languages and dialect and from those languages and dialect into English or other languages as requested by framework public bodies.
Translation and transcription services - from English into a wide range of spoken languages and from those languages into English or other languages as requested by framework public bodies including:
- text to braille – or other tactile or touch formats
- speech (audio) to text including tape recordings and other electronic media, audio
- video to text
- text to speech (audio) – including tape recordings and other electronic media, audio and video
What is out of scope
The framework does not cover sign language, video interpreting and English to English transcription.
For printing services of transcribed publications please refer to: design, print, publishing and associated services framework
Who can use this
Central government sector.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in annex A of our guidance on framework agreements.
Benefits of this framework include:
- improved quality and coverage of service delivery, measured against clear and consistent key performance indicators
- sharing of knowledge and best practice
- efficiencies in process and reduced duplication of procurement effort
- efficiencies in process and reduced duplication from implementation of statement billing
Global Connections (Scotland) Limited (ranked 1st)
180 Hope Street
Interpreting enquiries: Mark Diamond
Tel: 0141 352 5663
Translation and transcription enquiries: Fiona Woodford
Tel: 0141 352 5668
- interpreting - firstname.lastname@example.org
- translation and transcription – email@example.com
Global Language Services (ranked 2nd)
64 Darnley Street
George Runciman, Managing Director
Frances Runciman, Quality Management
Wendy McLoughlan, Management Information and Training
Interpreting - 0141 429 3429
Translation and transcription – 0141 465 8828
Global Connections (Scotland) Limited should be approached in the first instance and only if they are unable to meet your requirements should an approach be made to Global Language Services.
See the attached buyer's guide for more information.
Information about pricing and terms and conditions for frameworks and contracts can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this and are eligible to use the framework please complete the registration form and send it to one of the Scottish Procurement contacts listed below.