1. Women means anyone who defines themselves as a woman.
2. Violence against women and girls is defined in the Scottish Government's Equally Safe strategy as "violent and abusive behaviour directed at women and girls precisely because they are women and girls. Behaviour which is carried out predominantly by men. Behaviour that stems from systemic, deep rooted women's inequality, and which includes domestic abuse, rape, sexual assault, commercial sexual exploitation (like prostitution), and so called 'honour based' violence like female genital mutilation and forced marriage".
3.Services could include: prevention, refuges, advocacy, counselling, helpline, specialist forensic services, legal advice, outreach, health, financial assistance, housing, education, training, assistance finding employment.
4. Services could include: prevention, refuges, advocacy, counselling, helpline, specialist forensic services, specialist support for children and young people, health, legal advice, outreach, financial assistance, housing, education, training, assistance finding employment (if applicable).
5. 'Children and young people' refers to: girls and young women, boys and young men.
6. Accessible in relation to: proximity and distance; local provision; immediate/emergency access; disability access; inclusive culturally; faith and belief; inclusive in language; race and ethnicity; nationality; financially.
7. Protected characteristics are: age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback