- 26 Feb 2020
This document sets out the framework for an independent review of Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence, commissioned by the Scottish Government to be led by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
The purpose of the review is to help us better understand how the curriculum is being designed and implemented in schools and to identify areas for improvement across the country. The review will cover the Broad General Education and the Senior Phase and the articulation between the two.
It will explore key issues including:
- Curriculum design
- Depth and Breadth of learning in the Senior Phase
- Local flexibility versus increased prescription
- The transition from the BGE into Senior Phase
- Vocational and academic learning and awards
- And roles and responsibilities in relation to the curriculum.
We expect the OECD review to conclude at the end of February 2021.
- File type
- 6 page PDF
- 295.9 kB