Social Care: Independent Review of Inspection, Scrutiny and Regulation (IRISR)
The Independent Review of Inspection, Scrutiny and Regulation (IRISR) will make recommendations towards ensuring that social care support services are the best that they can be.
The Review will make sure that human rights and person-centred planning are central. It will check how social care support services can be better for people who use them.
Dame Sue Bruce will be the Chair. Mr Stuart Currie will be Vice Chair.
The review will work with a wide range of organisations. It will make sure that everyone has a say.
More information about the programme and how you can get involved will be available.
There will be 2 advisory panels which will give advice to the chair. This will help to make recommendations. People with lived experience along with staff will be included.
Details of the advisory panels will be available.
The aims are:
- make sure that social care support services keep getting better
- make recommendations on how checking social care support services should always have human rights and person centred planning at the centre
- involve people with lived experience, including unpaid carers
- services work together better to check social care support services
- think about how sharing information can make social care support services better
- complete the Independent Review and publish a report. This will have recommendations in accessible formats
The review will start in October 2022 and finish in June 2023. The report will be made available.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback