Table 3: Selected crimes of violence recorded by the police1, 2002-03 to 2011-12
Number & Percentage
|Rape & attempted rape||924||1,037||1,109||1,161||1,123||1,053||963||996||1,131||1,274|
|Total violent crime||71,733||73,623||90,164||87,908||94,167||88,264||88,254||85,093||83,543||80,684|
|Homicide as a percentage of all violent crime||0.2||0.1||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1|
1. Violent crime is defined here to be crimes and offences included in the categories shown in the above table. For further information please see Note 4.13.
2. The homicide figures provided in this table are taken from aggregate recorded crime statistics reported by the police and comprise the crimes of Murder and Culpable homicide only. Due to slight differences in the timing and methods of collection, the aggregated crime figures for homicide may differ slightly from the figures given elsewhere in this bulletin, which are derived from individual returns made in respect of each homicide.
3. For the distinction between Serious assault and Common assault please see Note 4.14.
4. Abduction includes the crimes of Child stealing (plagium) and Abduction.
5. Sexual assault includes the following categories of crimes: contact Sexual assault (13 to 15 year old or adult 16+), Sexually coercive conduct (13 to 15 year old or adult 16+), Sexual offences against children under 13 years and Lewd and libidinous practices.
6. Common assault includes the offences of Common assault and Common assault on an emergency worker.
Email: Neil Henderson
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback