To: Local Authority Directors of Finance
Chief Executive of Scottish Local
Our ref: A19830217
07 March 2018
Dear Director of Finance
GENERAL CAPITAL GRANT 2018-2019
1. The Scottish Ministers, in exercise of their powers under legislation detailed in Schedule 1 of this Offer Letter, hereby offer to local authorities (“the Grantees”) grant totalling £598.282 million STERLING (with individual allocations as per Schedule 2), payable in the financial year 2018-19, to finance capital investment, subject to the terms and conditions set out below at paragraph 3 onwards.
2. The grant offer reflects the amounts in the Local Government Finance Settlement 2018-19 (Finance Circular 4/2018). It includes any additional amounts agreed by Scottish Ministers to be paid as General Capital Grant. There are no undistributed amounts.
Definitions and interpretation
3. In these Conditions, the words and expressions set out in Schedule 3 shall have the meanings ascribed to them in that Schedule.
4. In these Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, words denoting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and words denoting any gender shall include all genders.
5. The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not be read as forming part of the Conditions or taken into account in their interpretation.
6. Except as otherwise provided for in these Conditions, any reference to a clause, paragraph, sub-paragraph or schedule shall be a reference to a clause, paragraph, sub-paragraph or schedule of these Conditions.
Purpose of the Grant
Conditions of the Grant
Conditions of grant – reporting of 2018-19 expenditure
Payment of Grant
Confidentiality and data protection
Corrupt gifts and payments of commission
Continuation of conditions
Compliance with the law
Acceptance of grant
Head of Local Authority Accounting
- File type
- 10 page PDF
- File size
- 236.7 kB
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback