Planning application appeals: EIR release
Information request and response under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004
Please tell me how many planning appeals were brought to the Scottish Government's Planning and Environmental Appeals Division in 2022/23.
Please tell me which local authority originally rejected the decision, and whether each appeal was subsequently approved or rejected by the DPEA.
You subsequently clarified on 3 April that you wished the following :
- Please provide information spanning 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
- Please include appeals against non determination, appeals against conditions, and appeals against refusal of an authority's decision, specifying which type of appeal was made.
- Please include the reference number, appeal address and development description, if time allows.
The Planning and Environmental Appeals Division (DPEA) received a total of 198 planning appeals between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023.
Of those 198 appeals submitted I can confirm the following :
- 53 appeals are currently live and the final decisions have not yet been made.
- 37 appeals were allowed.
- 52 appeals were dismissed.
- 56 appeals were unable to progress as DPEA had no jurisdiction to consider them. This was either as a result of timescales for the submission of the appeal having lapsed/an invalid appeal or the appeals were for the Local Review Body.
As requested, I attach a table containing those (89) appeals which were either allowed or dismissed which includes the case reference number, appeal address and development description of each appeal.
I hope this is what you require but please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 24 page PDF
- File size
- 181.3 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback