Scottish Government estates interlinked smoke alarms: FOI release
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
1. The percentage of Scottish Government buildings that are compliant with the Scottish Government's regulations on interlinked smoke alarms.
2. If there are buildings which are not compliant with these regulations, please outline which buildings these are.
3. If all buildings are compliant, please provide the date for which the latest building became compliant with these regulations.
Scottish Government buildings are taken to be those maintained under the Scottish Government's Facilities Management contract as well as those maintained separately by SASA (Science & Advice for Scottish Agriculture) and ARE (Agriculture and Rural Economy Directorate).
Investigations have disclosed that:
- all SG buildings maintained through the Facilities Management contract are compliant (74 buildings);
- all SASA buildings are compliant (one headquarters building and twelve dwellings); and
- all ARE buildings are compliant (one headquarters building and four dwellings).
The answers to your questions are therefore:
1. 100% of Scottish Government buildings are compliant.
2. Not applicable as all buildings are compliant.
3. The date on which the most recent building became compliant was 18 August 2022.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback