£500 staff thank you payment statistics for local authorities: FOI release
- Part of
- Health and social care, Public sector
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
1. How many people does the Council directly employ who received the Scottish Government “Thank You Payment” that was announced in November 2020? Can you break this down by each of the local authorities?
2. Within the breakdown of local authorities, (answer to question 1) can you please list all the different job titles of those occupations who received the Scottish Government “Thank You Payment” that was announced in November 2020?
3. Of all of those job titles listed in answer to question 2, how many post holders in each of the Councils employ under each job title? (Please state, where possible the total number of postholders, rather than an FTE.)
4. When answering questions 2 & 3 could I also request that a note is made of which division or service area – including ALEOs and partnerships with the NHS – in which the postholders are employed?
In response to question 1, I have provided the details of total directly employed staff and leavers who were determined to be eligible to receive the £500 thank you payment for social care staff per each local authority. This data is broken down by both head count and FTE, and is provided at Annex 1.
In response to questions 2-4, while our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not hold the information you have requested. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested. However, this information may be available from each local authority in relation to their staff who received the payment.
We did not gather the details of job titles of individual staff who received the £500 thank you payment for social care staff. Furthermore, we do not have details of the division or service area in which each of these staff were employed. Claims made by local authorities did not request this level of detail to be provided – please see at Annex 2 the “Local Authority Claim Form” which was completed by local authorities when claiming funds relating to the £500 thank you payment for social care staff.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 3 page PDF
- File size
- 212.5 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback