1. Any reports, documents and discussions regarding the effectiveness of the Protect Scotland coronavirus proximity app.
2. The total number of downloads of the Protect Scotland app, and the total cost of developing and running the app.
3. The total number of unique test codes generated for the Protect Scotland app by coronavirus testing since the launch of the app.
4. How many of these unique test codes have been input into the app by users since the launch.
1. The Protect Scotland app is an anonymous app which make detailed reporting difficult as it does not gather user information. The Protect Scotland app works on a 24-hour cycle, looking for proximity contacts that are (accumulatively) longer than 15 minutes for 2 metres or less. If one app user tests positive and another receives an alert, it is impossible to know from the app alone at what point during that 24 hour period the necessary contact took place. The Scottish Government made available research around proximity tracing apps and their effectiveness on the Protect Scotland website: Transparency – Evidence, Ethics and Impact | Protect Scotland
2. As at 24/11/2021 the total number of downloads of the Protect Scotland app were 2,336,996. To date we have spent £740,011.71 on the Protect Scotland - Proximity Tracing App and the Federated Server.
3. As at 25/11/2021 the total number of unique test codes generated for the Protect Scotland app by coronavirus testing since the launch of the app was 407,081. Please note these figure include re sent codes. These can include replacements for a lost code, the code has expired or did not work.
4. As at 25/11/2021 68,355 unique test codes have been input into the app by users since the launch of the app.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback