- 11 Jan 2022
Date received: 4 Oct 2021
Date responded: 13 Dec 2021
1. How many third parties are involved in running the SNHS COVID Status passport app?
2. Who holds the passport/driving license documents once they are uploaded?
3. Who is responsible for verifying the facial ID?
4. Who holds the information gathered on the facial ID?
5. Is the app secure?
6. How much testing was carried out on the app before it went live and what was the results?
7. Have there been any data breaches since the app went live?
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not hold the information you have requested in Question 6. This would be a matter for National Services Scotland (NSS) who is responsible for the testing of the App. You may wish to contact National Services Scotland (NSS) who may be able to help you.
In response to Question 7 I can confirm that as at 4th October 2021 there have been no data breaches since the App went live.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House