- 11 Oct 2021
Date received: 18 Aug 2021
Date responded: 30 Aug 2021
1. The names of the unions which are signatories to your main collective agreement covering pay and conditions?
2. The number of employees covered by the agreement?
3. For your 2021/22 pay agreement, were the key features of the Scottish Sector pay policy applied as listed below (see https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-public-sector-pay-policy-2021-2022-revised/pages/2/)?
The key features of the 2021-22 Public Sector Pay Policy are:
- continuing the requirement for employers to pay staff the real Living Wage, now set at £9.50 per hour;
- providing a guaranteed cash underpin of £800 for public sector workers who earn £25,000 or less;
- providing a guaranteed basic pay increase of 2 per cent for public sector workers who earn more than £25,000 and up to £40,000;
- a guaranteed basic pay increase of 1 per cent for those public sector workers earning more than £40,000 and up to £80,000;
- limiting to £800 the maximum basic pay increase for those earning £80,000 or more, and;
- allowing flexibilities for employers to use up to 0.5 per cent of paybill savings on baseline salaries in 2021 to address clearly evidenced equality or pay coherence issues in existing pay and grading structures.
4. Were there any variations made to the key features of the policy?
5. What percentage consolidated pay increase was applied to the lowest rate of pay (excluding apprentice rates or rates for staff aged under 18)?
6. What percentage consolidated pay increase did the majority of staff receive (ie. if a majority of staff received the same percentage increase, what was that increase)?
7. Were any changes made to pay rates to address clearly evidenced equality or pay coherence issues in existing pay and grading structures?
Please see Annex A. This response covers staff in the Scottish Government Main (SGM) and Scottish Government Marine (SGMarine) pay bargaining units. The make up of SGM and SGMarine is detailed at Annex B.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 2 page PDF
- 135.6 kB
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- 85.2 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House