- 8 Sep 2021
Date received: 27 Jul 2021
Date responded: 22 Aug 2021
1. Total number of persons that have entered Scottish Hotel Quarantine and the number that test positive while in Quarantine?
2.Total number of Scottish resident Seafarers that have entered Scottish Hotel Quarantine and the number that test positive while in Quarantine?
1. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, this is a formal notice under Section 17 of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not hold the information you have requested relating to the number of seafarers entering managed isolation and those who have tested positive.
2. Seafarers have been exempted from isolation requirements when entering Scotland for the purposes of work. This includes those coming into Scotland who are scheduled to undertake work within the period they would otherwise be expected to isolate.
3. The risk from red list countries remains too high to permit seafarers back for the purposes of leave as this could risk significant uncontrolled spread of dangerous variants into Scotland. Those coming back for leave would still be permitted to travel into Scotland, following the traffic light system protocol in line with where they have travelled in the previous 10 days. The Scottish Government does not collect information about the profession of travellers entering managed isolation in hotel quarantine.
4. The Scottish Government does not hold the information requested on the percentage of travellers who have tested positive in the quarantine hotels. You may wish to request the information from Public Health Scotland who hold this information. They can be contacted by email at PHS.FOI@phs.scot or post addressed to Corporate FOI team, Public Health Scotland, Gyle Square, South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9EB.
5. Statistics around positive cases of COVID-19 can be viewed at the following Public Health Scotland link: Daily COVID-19 Cases in Scotland - Datasets - Scottish Health and Social Care Open Data (nhs.scot). It should be noted that passengers testing positive during managed isolation are required to extend their stay.
6. The Scottish Government has access to the booking data which is based on those who have booked into Managed Isolation however this may adjust as people amend their bookings. 7,887 people have booked into managed isolation in a quarantine hotel in Scotland from its beginning until 20 August 2021.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House