- 14 Sep 2021
Date received: 24 Jul 2021
Date responded: 24 Aug 2021
1. Which Minister took the decision or signed off on the decision to make passengers buy test kits from CTM?
2. Does the Scottish Government get any financial compensation from CTM or any partner companies for kits purchased from them.
3. Was any lobbying activity recorded by CTM representatives with the Scottish Government in the 12 months prior to the decision to use CTM as the provider of test kits?
1. The decision was made collectively by Scottish Ministers to use the UK Government contract with CTM for managed quarantine services, which includes paying for NHS test kits using the CTM portal. Discussions are ongoing with the UK Government around the speed and reliability of using private test providers to expand options for international travellers to Scotland.
For any additional queries related to the procurement of CTM services, you may wish to direct these to the UK Government. The contract with CTM was tendered by the UK Government and they will hold the relevant information.
2. The Scottish Government does not receive financial compensation from CTM for test kits paid for through their system.
3. Lobbying activity made directly to MSPs or members of the Scottish Government is a question that can be answered by the Scottish Parliament, not the Scottish Government. This is a formal notice under S17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act that the Scottish Government does not hold the information you have requested.
You can search the Scottish Parliament's lobbying register at the following link: Lobbying Register and regulated lobbying | Scottish Parliament Website
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House