1. Can you provide details of the specification provided for the quarantine hotels being used in Scotland as well as the cost being charged to the government.
2. I Would like to know the basic provision being provided by the hotel IE. room size, standard of meals provided room facilities provided. Ie microwave, fridge etc, laundry provision etc. Exercise provision etc.
1. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have some of the information you are looking for. This is a formal notice under Section 17 of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not hold the information you have requested relating to costs.
2. The UK Government (UKG) are the principle contract owners and managers of the Managed Quarantine Service (MQS) and its suppliers for the whole of the UK. We have contacted the UK Government on this question and received the following response:
- The UK Government do not need to supply the detailed information you have requested as it falls under a Section 21 exemption as information already available elsewhere. As such I would point you to the Government's transparency agenda where spend over £25,000 with suppliers is published on a regular basis. As such, the following link will show the spending that DHSC has published which includes payments under the Managed Quarantine Service: DHSC spending over £25,000 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
3. The Scottish Government in its work with the Managed Isolation facilities in Scotland is provided with a copy of the guest information pack which confirms that guests are provided a room based on their booking requirements which can include accessible rooms. Guests are given assurances that every room has a television and free Wi-Fi; facilities to make tea and coffee and where possible a small fridge.
4. Guests are provided 3 meals each day with drinks including tea, coffee, 3 soft drinks and 3 litres of mineral water daily.
5. Guests can order additional food and drink from the hotel's 24-hour room service menu and, they may be able to order food and drinks to be delivered to the hotel, at their own cost. Guests also have 11 items of laundry included in their booking.
6. Having access to an outdoor space for fresh air breaks may not be guaranteed and will vary between hotels. The Security team manage all guest movement, including fresh air breaks.
7. Families with children and people with specific medical needs are prioritised for fresh air breaks.
8. The security team will provide guests with a fresh air break schedule, which may involve guests waiting. The number of times fresh air breaks can be permitted for individual guests is managed by the security team who must ensure adequate supervision is provided at all time and that mixing between residents is strictly prevented.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback