- 15 Jul 2021
Date received: 21 Jun 2021
Date responded: 15 Jul 2021
1. The total amount of people who have arrived in Scotland from red list countries since hotel isolation was required to date 21-06-2021.
2. The total amount of people who arrived in Scotland from a red list country who didn’t require hotel quarantine to date 21-06-2021.
3.The total amount of people who have tested positive for Covid-19 and required hospital treatment during their hotel quarantine stay to date 21-06-2021.
Some general information related to your query is available through the PHS weekly report on Covid-19, available here: COVID-19 weekly report for Scotland - COVID-19 data and intelligence - COVID-19 - Our areas of work - Public Health Scotland
1. Since the introduction of the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (International Travel) (Scotland) Regulations 2020, and the requirement for individuals to complete a Managed Isolation stay on arrival into Scotland from 15 February 2021, a total of 5,463 travellers have entered Managed Isolation.
Since the introduction of the Red/Amber/Green List for international arrivals on 17 May 2021, 1,860 travellers arriving from Red List countries have entered Managed Isolation in Scottish hotels. These figures are accurate as of 22nd June 2021.
2. Sectoral exemptions from managed isolation are set out in the International Travel (Scotland) Regulations 2020. As exemptions are based on a case-by-case basis, for many different reasons and all of which assess the risks to public health and wellbeing, as well as individual medical and compassionate needs, quantifying the amount requested is not possible.
This is a formal notice under Section 17 of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not hold the information you have requested.
3. Data available up to June 2021 shows that the Scottish Government has recorded 76 positive cases of Covid-19 among those in managed isolation, though this data is for management purposes only and as such may not be comprehensive.
We do not hold information on if/how many of those 76 positive cases within managed isolation needed hospitalisation. You may wish to contact Public Health Scotland for more comprehensive data. This is a formal notice under Section 17 of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not hold the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House