Information in relation to draft guidance on collecting data on sex and gender published by the Chief Statistician in December 2020:
1. How many responses have been received by the Scottish Government to this guidance?
2. How many of those responses came from individuals and how many from organisations?
3. Please provide a list of which organisations submitted responses.
4. Please confirm when these responses will be published.
5. Please provide details of all individuals and organisations the Chief Statistician has met with to discuss this guidance since 9 December 2020.
1. 74 responses were received in relation to the draft guidance on collecting data on sex and gender consultation published in December 2020.
2. 63 of those responses came from individuals and 11 came from Organisations.
3. Answers from Organisations who have given permission for their response to be published are named. However, all responses are included in the analysis of the consultation.
- Close the Gap
- EDI Scotland
- For Women Scotland
- MBM Policy Analysis Collective
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Trans Alliance/Equality Network
- Stonewall Scotland
4. We are working to confirm with respondents how they wish their response to be handled and where permission is given will publish these on the Working Group on Sex and Gender in Data Gov.Scot group page in due course.
5. The Chief Statistician accepted a virtual meeting request to discuss the sex and gender in data work with Pauline McNeill, Johann Lamont and Elaine Smith on Monday 8 March 2021. The Chief Statistician met virtually with members of the sex and gender in data working group to discuss the guidance at a Working Group meeting on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback