Sex and Gender in Data Working Group
The Cabinet Secretary for Social Security and Older People announced on 20 June 2019 that the Scottish Government would establish a working group on sex and gender in data, comprised of professionals from across statistical services. The Group will be led by and report to Scotland’s Chief Statistician, Roger Halliday.
The working group will consider what guidance should be offered to public bodies on the collection, disaggregation and use of data on sex and gender, including what forms of data collection and disaggregation are most appropriate in different circumstances.
The group follows the open government approach and encourages engagement via digital and other channels. Secretariat is provided by the Digital Directorate's Data, Statistics and Digital Identity Division.
Follow our blog.
- Roger Halliday, Chief Statistician, Digital Directorate, Scottish Government (Chair)
- Jon Hunter, Equality and Social Justice Analysis, Scottish Government
- Simon Stockwell, Family Law Unit, Scottish Government
- Anneli Lyon, National Records of Scotland: Census
- Simon Cameron, COSLA
- Mark Hollinsworth, Police Scotland
- Dr Matthew Maycock, Scottish Prison Service
- Sarah Munro, Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Elaine Strange, NHS Information Services Division
- Sean Stronach, Equality Unit, Scottish Government
- Eliza Swinn, Office for National Statistics
- Michelle Monkman, Office for National Statistics
- Poppy Wilson, Digital Directorate, Scottish Government
- Sex and Gender in Data Working Group: terms of reference
- Sex and Gender in Data working group meeting: March 2020
- Sex and Gender in Data working group meeting: January 2020
- Sex and Gender in Data working group meeting: November 2019
- Sex and Gender in Data working group meeting: October 2019
- Sex and Gender in Data working group meeting: September 2019