- 3 Jun 2021
Date received: 23 Apr 2021
Date responded: 18 May 2021
You asked for the following, for academic years 2015/16 – 2020/21:
1. How many Social Subjects Teachers graduated in the academic year? By Social Subjects teachers I mean History, Geography and Modern Studies Teachers. I would be grateful for a breakdown by subject.
2. How many Social Subjects jobs were advertised by academic year. Again I would appreciate a breakdown by subject area.
3. How many Social Subjects jobs advertised each year were permanent and full time jobs.
4. How many of the jobs advertised were single subject and how many were asking for dual qualified teacher.
1. Attached is this information in the attached spreadsheet (Annex A - Graduates on teacher training courses by social subjects and year).
As for questions 2 - 4, while our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested, in line with section 17(1) of FOISA.
You may however wish to contact individual local authorities (https://www.cosla.gov.uk/councils) or the General Teaching Council for Scotland (https://www.gtcs.org.uk/home/contact.aspx) to ascertain whether they hold this information.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House