- 7 Apr 2021
Date received: 15 Feb 2021
Date responded: 12 Mar 2021
1. To request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act the following information, individually and separately, all electronic or other written communications, including telephone & conversation notes which detail all due diligence moves carried out and by whom, including which organisations and officials were consulted, before recommending to a Minister that the charity Affa Sair should be offered a place on the National Advisory Committee on Chronic Pain.
2. To request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act, the following information, individually and separately, all electronic or other written communications including conversation and telephone notes, which organisations, individuals and departments supported recommending to a Minister that the charity Affa Sair be offered a place on the National Advisory Committee on Chronic Pain.
3. To request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act the following information, individually and separately, the application document by the charity Affa Sair for a seat on the National Advisory Committee for Chronic Pain and the length of tenure of the appointment when agreed and any terms of reference or conditions imposed.
1. Attached is a copy of the information you requested - please see Annex A.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption under sections S.38(i)(b) (personal information) of FOISA applies to that information. The reasons why this exemption applies are explained in Annex C.
2. The Scottish Government does not have the information you have asked for. The recommendation was made on behalf of the Chair of the National Advisory Committee for Chronic Pain.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
3. Attached is a copy of the information requetsed in relation to documents submitted by Affa Sair in support of their consideration for membership of the National Advisory Committee for Chronic Pain (NACCP) – please see Annex B.
Information related to the tenure and terms of reference for all NACCP members are available from the Scottish Government webpage on the NACCP: National Advisory Committee for Chronic Pain - gov.scot (www.gov.scot). Under section 25(1) of FOISA, we do not have to give you information which is already reasonably accessible to you.
REASONS FOR NOT PROVIDING INFORMATION
An exemption under section 38(1)(b) of FOISA (personal information) applies to some of the information requested because it is personal data of a third party (i.e. names/contact details of individuals), and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act 1998. This exemption is not subject to the ‘public interest test’, so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 2 page PDF
- 838.3 kB
- File type
- 12 page PDF
- 858.6 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House