- 25 Mar 2021
Date received: 26 Nov 2020
Date responded: 22 Dec 2020
Information on regional leadership seminars relating to GIRFEC, specifically:
- The dates of the seminars, the participants and the presentations delivered
- Provisional dates of postponed seminars, intended participants and any changes to the seminar presentations.
The following Leadership Seminars were scheduled and delivered:
- Tayside (Angus, Perth & Kinross and City of Dundee) - 18 September 2019
- Lothian, Borders and Fife (East & West Lothian, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, City of Edinburgh and Fife) - 4 October 2019
- North West (Moray, Argyll & Bute, Highlands, and the Western Isles) - 5 November 2019
- Forth Valley (Clackmannanshire, Falkirk, and Stirling) - 5 March 2020
I attach a copy of the presentations delivered at each of these four seminars, as requested.
Due to the size of the files we are unable to upload the documents referred to above. If you wish to consider, please contact us at the address below and we will be happy to provide.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption under section 38(1)(b) (personal information) of FOISA applies to that information. In this instance I am unable to provide full details of those who participated in the seminars. I have attached a summary document listing the roles and organisations of seminar participants.
With regards to the postponed seminars, four were originally planned for the following regions:
- North East (Aberdeenshire, City of Aberdeen, Moray, Orkney Isles, and Shetland Isles)
- Greater Glasgow and Clyde (City of Glasgow, East & West Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire Inverclyde, and Renfrewshire)
- Lanarkshire (North & South Lanarkshire)
- South West Collaborative (North, East and South Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway)
Due to the coronavirus pandemic all four were postponed before any plans were progressed, and as such I am unable to provide intended recipients or presentations. The GIRFEC leadership seminars were intended for Directors, Heads of Service and Strategic Managers across local partnerships working to deliver children’s services in Scotland. Each seminar would have broadly the same content, tailored to take account of the local context of each region, and I have attached the presentation template for the Lanarkshire event which shows the proposed structure. At present there are no plans to proceed with these postponed seminars.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House