- 4 Dec 2020
Date received: 30 Oct 2020
Date responded: 30 Nov 2020
1) What data does the Scottish Government have as evidence of infection transmission within classrooms in schools that has justified this decision?
2) What data does the Scottish Government have as evidence that parents wearing face coverings outside reduces infection transmission?
3) What criteria did the Scottish Government use to decide on face coverings in classrooms and parents outside?
4) What risk assessment has been carried out regarding masks and the possible harms, to children at school?
5) What data is being gathered to measure the effectiveness of masking pupils at school and under which future criteria will the use of them not be required?
Please find attached a response to each of your questions in turn.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House