- 2 Mar 2021
Date received: 23 Oct 2020
Date responded: 26 Nov 2020
1. A definition or definitions of “contact” and “non-contact” sport, as defined for the purpose of Covid-19 routemap or strategic framework.
2. A list of all “contact” and “non contact” sports, as defined for the purpose of Covid-19 routemap or strategic framework.
3. A copy of all Covid-19 related correspondence between the Scottish Government and sportscotland and the following sports governing bodies:
- Scottish Golf
- Scottish Tennis / Lawn Tennis Association
- Royal Yachting Association Scotland / Royal Yachting Association
- Scottish Swimming / British Swimming
1. Contact sport is defined in Section 2(1) of the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 as follows:
“contact sport” means a sport or activity during which the participants -
a) are required to make physical contact with each other, or
b) do not generally maintain a distance of two metres from each other, but does not include a sport or activity in which the participants are wholly or mainly professional sportspersons.
2. Sportscotland have published a list of contact and non-contact sports for the purposes of their COVID-19 guidance. This can be found here:
3. Attached is a copy of the correspondence requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House