Correspondence and briefing materials that relate to the Scottish Child Payment, and accompanying documents, shared between officials from the Social Security Directorate and the Cabinet Secretary for Social Security
and Older People.
The release of information should include, but not be limited to, briefings and papers requesting approval for aspects of the Scottish Child Payment (be it policy, operational delivery etc), and the ministerial minute returned”.
To narrow, please release the papers, documents, request for approval and minutes of approval etc, back and forth, that relate to:
- combined applications with BSG
- frequency of payments
- non-continuance of payments after a child reaches 6
- linking periods
Some of the information you have requested is enclosed with this letter, however, while our aim is to provide information whenever possible, on this occasion we are unable to provide some of the information you requested as exemptions under the following sections of FOISA apply to that information:
- s.28(1) (relations within the UK)
- s.29(1)(a) (formulation or development of Scottish Government policy)
- s.30(a) (convention of collective responsibility of Scottish Ministers)
- s.30(b)(i) (free and frank provision of advice) and (ii) (free and frank exchange of views)
- s.38(1)(b) (personal information)
The reasons why those exemptions apply are explained in the Annex to this letter.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 60 page PDF
- File size
- 2.2 MB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback