- 18 Mar 2020
Date received: 18 Feb 2020
Date responded: 16 Mar 2020
1. The full conditions of funding to Safe Lives to supply any/all training of frontline services and other organisations for the new Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018.
2. Please also supply me with the total amount of funding supplied to Safe Lives to supply any/all training of frontline services and other organisations for the new Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018 from inception to date.
3. Please also supply me with a list of frontline services and other organisations that have received training from Safe Lives for the new Domestic Abuse Scotland Act 2018 to date.
4. Please supply me with the criteria provided to save lives required for any training to frontline services and other organisations with regard to new DA Act 2018.
5. Please also state what professional standards and quality assurance reporting is required to comply with the quality of training, this is to ensure the you are provided VfM whilst not cutting back on Quality.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some ofthe information you have requested because exemptions under section(s) 25(1) and 17(1) of FOISA.
Scottish Government agreed to provide Police Scotland with additional funding of £825,000 for over 14,000 police officers and support staff to support the implementation of the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018. Following a competitive procurement process Police Scotland identified SafeLives as the successful bidder to develop and deliver the training. The process recognised that the proposed provider was the candidate which most satisfactorily met the requirements of the Invitation to Tender, giving the panel the greatest confidence in successful delivery to support effective implementation of the legislation.
Some of the information you have requested is available from https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-201900001049/.
Under section 25(1) of FOISA, we do not have to give you information which is already reasonably accessible to you. If, however, you do not have internet access to obtain this information from the website(s) listed, then please contact me again and I will send you a paper copy.
The Scottish Government does not have the information you have asked for because the procurement process, associated criteria, professional standards and quality assurance reporting was handled by Police Scotland.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
However, you may wish to contact Police Scotland at firstname.lastname@example.org who may be able to help you.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide [some of] the information you have requested because an exemption(s) under section(s) 25(1) and 17(1) of FOISA.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House